Marriage is a life-altering commitment. Therefore, keep the following things in mind before getting married:
- Your financial position: Are you a fresh graduate? Or have you been in your job for five years? Is your salary enough to take care of you, your spouse, and more? Do you have the stability in your life that should allow for a smooth transition into married life? Furthermore, do you think the salary you earn will be able to satisfy your life-partner? Think and come up with answers to these questions before plunging into the profound depths of marital life.
- Your priorities: What is the most important thing in your life? Are you a family guy or a career guy? Or someone who wants a balance between the two? These are questions that, when answered, will help you take marriage decisions.
- Your personality: Are you a laid-back or an aggro person? Do you usually lose your temper or stay calm in difficult situations? Understanding your own personality will help you decide what kind of person you want to marry.
- Your ability to adapt: Marriage requires adjusting. And it requires adapting. When you get married, particularly in a country like ours, you are not just marrying a person. You are getting into a commitment with that person’s entire family. Therefore, make sure you are adaptable so that you can easily get along with your in-laws. And we all know that is not always the easiest thing to do!
- Your plans for children: Marriage is a process that aids in the continuation of life. Do you want kids? And if you do, when? And how will you raise them? Have an idea of when you want to become a mommy or a daddy.
- Your partner’s psychology: If you are in a relationship, try to understand your partner. Understand his or her preferences and idiosyncrasies. Make sure he or she is someone who will get along with you and, by extension, your family. Compatability is key.
- Your willingness to take responsibility: “With great power comes great responsibility.” A famous quote from Uncle Ben in Spider-Man. It never fails to ring true. Particularly when it comes to marriage. When you enter into a marriage, you are making a commitment to stand by another person in sickness and in health, through thick and through thin. Therefore, make sure you yourself are ready to take the responsibility that will invariably accompany marriage.
- Your love for your partner: Do you love your partner? Are you willing to spend the rest of your life with that person? Do you see your partner as a good mother? Or a good father? A good wife or a good husband? These are tough questions that will need some answering. However, if you do answer them, you will be able to get good results.
- Your family: If you come from a traditional Bangladeshi family, you have boundaries that you shouldn’t cross. So make sure your family is comfortable with whomever you are marrying. If not, make sure you are ready to face the consequences that follow.
Want to read more such blog posts? Click here. To open an account at biyeta.com, click here.
1 thought on “Important things to know before marriage”
“Many people take impulsive decisions to get married even
though they are not prepared enough. Your article gives a
pretty good insight on that. “